Planning Editor for News Research and Policy Analysis at the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC)
Highest Academic Qualification Achieved
Master of Arts in Journalism and Media Studies (Rhodes University – SA)
- I have worked as a broadcast production professional since 1989.
- Professionally trained and awarded artisan diploma certificates in TV Broadcast and Production techniques by the TV Training Centre in Berlin, Germany.
- I graduated with a Master of Arts Degree in Media Studies and Journalism from Rhodes University in 2003.
- Started work as Senior News Researcher for Africa Affairs by the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) in 2006.
- I Co-chaired the board of the Documentary Film Makers Association of SA since 2007 to 2009.
- I was nominated for the British Council Interaction Leadership Programme in 2008. This was a two year leadership training programme run by the British Council, involving potential leaders from across Africa and the United Kingdom.
- I completed SAQA level 5 professional Certification from Rhodes University and Wits University respectively. I also completed the People Management Programme at Pretoria University’s GIBS School of Business in South Africa.