- MSA newcomer of the year award for 2015
- MSA certificate of excellence for AZA3135
Research interests include cognitive psychology, biological psychology, and neuropsychology fields. Specialty interests include Epilepsy, Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES), and Parkinson’s disease. Research areas include diagnostic procedures and practices, symptomatology, aetiology, as well as treatment.
Peer-reviewed Journal Publications
- African Journal for Physical Health, Education Recreation and Dance (AJPHERD) (2014)
Epilepsy & Behavior (2017)
National Conference Presentations
- Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures: Conceptions and misconceptions. Presented at the South African Clinical Neuropsychology Association (SACNA) conference in 2014.
Other Professional Activities
- Currently completing an MPhil at Monash South Africa in the area of profiling the clinical, psychological and neuropsychological indicators of psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES).
- I am the committee co-ordinator of the FDN: the Functional Disorders Network, which is a multidisciplinary network that conceptualises the neurological, psychological, neuropsychological and psychiatric factors implicated in functional disorders, particularly psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, and other conversion-type dysfunctions and symptoms.