- MA (Political Science), University of Pretoria
- BA (Hons) (International Relations), University of Pretoria
- B.PolSci (International Relations), University of Pretoria
- AZA1327: International Studies 2
- AZA2/3640: Philosophy of War and Global Conflict
- AZA3688: Foreign Policy
- AZA4810: The Globalisation of Civil and Human Rights
- Received academic colours from the University of Pretoria
- Received a full Master’s scholarship from the University of Pretoria
- Winner and Best Speaker at Gauteng Debating Provincials in 2009
International relations theory, grand strategy, state consolidation, foreign policy, political ideologies, history of political ideas
Other Professional Activities
- Conference presentations:
- “Extremist Political Parties: A View From South Africa”, Georgia State University International Conference on Democracy and Extremism
- Seminar presentations:
- “Prospects for a return to realism in U.S. foreign policy”, Student seminar lecture series at the University of Pretoria
- “Lessons from South Africa”, at Training Programme for Members of the North Sudan DDR Commission
- “Global Jihad: The South African Front”, at the Tuesday Forum at the University of Pretoria
- “The Role of South Africa and SADC”, at The State of Zimbabwe, a conference co-hosted by the Embassies of Indonesia and the United States of America and the Centre for International Political Studies
- Caromba, Laurence. The origins of liberal conservatism: Edmund Burke, Adam Smith, and the art of coping with a complex society. 2013.
- Caromba, Laurence, and Solomon, Hussein. “The Muslim Brotherhood and the State in Egypt”. In Solomon, Hussein, Akeem Fadare, and Firoza Butler, eds. Political Islam and the State in Africa. Centre for International Political Studies, 2008.
- Caromba, Laurence, and Solomon, Hussein. “Understanding Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood.” African Security Studies 17.3 (2008): 117-124.