- MCom (Business Management) cum laude – University of Johannesburg – 2013
- Masters Courses – Entrepreneurship and Organisational Change and Development VU University Amsterdam October 2011 to January 2012
- Training Programme – School for Legal Practice (approved by the Law Society of the Northern Provinces) January 2007 to July 2007
- LLB – University of Johannesburg – 2006
- BCom Law – University of Johannesburg – 2004
- Leadership principles and practices (MGX3991)
- Integrated Business Management Simulation (MGX3650)
- 2017 QS REIMAGINE EDUCATION CONFERENCE AND AWARDS 2017 Shortlist:
MBA & Executive Education Award for “Re-imagine management education in Africa: Increasing the impact of simulation-based courses”.
- LETTER OF RECOGNITION 2017 – Deputy Vice Chancellor Education Monash University for Teaching Excellence
- VICE CHANCELLOR’S TEACHING AWARD 2017 – Nomination: Technology enhanced engagement, teaching and learning
- RESEARCH GRANT – University of Johannesburg Innovation Teaching Fund, 2017
(F Scholtz & S Hughes).
- MOST INNOVATIVE TEAM AWARD 2016 – Blended Teaching Team, Monash South Africa
- “NEWCOMER of the YEAR AWARD 2015 – Monash South Africa
- LETTER OF RECOGNITION 2014 – Deputy Vice Chancellor Education, Monash University for Teaching Excellence
Keen interest in how technology can be leveraged to augment learning. Innovative use of simulation based learning and other interactive activities to increase student engagement, resulted in becoming project lead in blended and online learning initiatives in current position at Monash South Africa. Further research interests include behavioural strategy, leadership, strategic management and management education.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Scholtz, F., Crous, F. & Thomas, A. (2015). A logo-leadership intervention: Implications for leadership development. ActaCommercii, 15(1): 1 -9. DOI: 10.4102/ac.v15i1.297.
- Hughes, S. & Scholtz, F. (2015). Increasing the impact of a business simulation: The role of reflection. The International Journal of Management Education, 13(3): 350-361. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijme.2015.06.001.
- De Winnaar, K & Scholtz, F. Entrepreneurial decision-making: new conceptual perspectives (currently under review).
- Scholtz, F., Musara, M. &Melim, T. Workplace cohesion among small businesses in South Africa: Discursive nuances and narratives from employee perspectives (currently under review).
- Scholtz, F. & Hughes, S. A systematic review of educator interventions in facilitating business simulation based learning (in press).
- Van der Vyfer, A.G. & Scholtz, F. An epic failure in institutional ethics: The KPMG fiasco (Abstract accepted for book chapter), (currently under review).
International Conference Presentations
- Da Rocha Kustner, C. & Scholtz, F. (2013). Logo-consciousness in a globalised world. COMIUCAP World congress, Johannesburg, South Africa, November 2013.
National Conference Presentations
- Scholtz, F., Crous, F. & Thomas, A. (2014). Logo-leadership development: a role-orientation approach, The 26th Annual Conference of the Southern African Institute for Management Sciences (SAIMS), Vaal River, 14-17 September 2014.
Other Professional Activities
- Reviewer for SAIMS, International Journal of Management Education, IGI Global (2018)
- External moderator for Wits Business School (2018)
- External moderator at postgraduate level for the University of Johannesburg (2015 – 2017)
- Member of the Southern African Institute for Management Sciences (2014)
- Member of the Law Society of South Africa (North West)
- Course development of Commercial law, Accounting & Academic Development and Research Skills at St Augustine College of South Africa
- Served on St Augustine College of South Africa’s Faculty Teaching and Learning committee, Faculty Board and Senate Ethics committee (2009-2013)
- Certified Higher Degrees by Research Supervisor, Monash University Supervision Accreditation Levels 1
- Snyman, C.K. (2018). Exploring implications of the Fourth Industrial Revolution for Managerial Roles in the ICT Industry. Supervisor: Ms. F. Scholtz
Herborn, C. (2018). Leadership Mindfulness: A South African telecommunication industry case study on a mindfulness leadership intervention and creativity. Supervisor: Ms. F Scholtz.
- De Winnaar, K. (2017). Strategic Decision-making of South African Legal Entrepreneurs. Supervisor: Ms. F. Scholtz.
- Litschka, R. (2017). Exploring the work-life balance of female hospitality managers in Swaziland. Supervisor: Ms F. Scholtz
- Hughes, S.A. (2017). Core responsibilities of a manager to ensure innovation in SME’s: An exploration of manufacturing SMEs in Gauteng. Supervisor: Ms F. Scholtz
- Newall, J.A. (2017). Exploring the way managers perceive their conflict management across cultures in an organisation. Supervisor: Ms. F Scholtz
- Ndawala, W. (2017). Perception on fun in the workplace: a Malawi financial sector case. Supervisor: Ms. F Scholtz.
- Kassuga, M.P. (2016). The Role of Trust and Job Engagement within Teams. Supervisors: Ms. F. Scholtz & Ms. J. Nzonzo.
- Melim, T. (2016). Employee Perceptions of Workplace Cohesion in Small Businesses. Supervisors: Ms. F. Scholtz & Mr. M. Musara.
- Markiewicz, D. (2015). Workplace Wellness: Managing Diabetes. Supervisor: Ms. F. Scholtz.
- Kapanga, C.D. (2015). The influence of Organisational Factors on Ethical Decision Making: A Malawian Bank Case. Supervisor: Ms. F. Scholtz.