Why study Workplace Diversity?
Understanding diversity helps people to understand what workplace diversity is all about and how they can help create a more diverse world at work and at home. It is important that people are instructed to use skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
The purpose of this programme is to assist participants to be able to use strategies for removing barriers and stereotypes and to encourage diversity in the workplace and their communities.
Specific learning outcomes of this short learning programme are to:
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop and the reasons for your own perspectives
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace and in the social community
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques and communicate with strength
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination
- Understand and respond to personal complaints and develop a support system to manage the resolution process
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyse the situation and take appropriate resolution action