Why study Train the Trainer?
This short learning programme is designed for organisations that wish to develop and upgrade the skills of internal training teams, but lack the practical skills and tools to do so themselves. Trainers need to understand the principles to enable course planning and techniques to deliver effective training sessions. This course is practical, as participants experience new training techniques. At the end of the course, participants deliver a short training session using their own materials and receive detailed feedback.
This course prepares learners to plan, design, develop and deliver training within their own areas of subject matter expertise. In addition, competent learners will be able to design formative and summative assessments and assess the competence of their learners. More importantly, this qualification is aimed at creating a new 21st Century team of employees with the requisite training knowledge and skills.
Specific learning outcomes of this short learning programme are to:
- Identify and determine the need for training— what, who, and how
- Apply systematic planning skills that result in well-executed training sessions
- Design participant-oriented learning materials and exercises
- Apply adult learning concepts and develop supportive climates that bring the most out of an audience, encouraging the audience to participate
- Facilitate learning using a variety of methodologies
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles
- Present and facilitate a training programme, including use of audio visuals
- Examine the values that drive best-practice training in a South African context
- Identify how targeted training can support business productivity
- Conduct quality-based review and evaluation that support continuous improvement
Download the Application for Admission Form
- Option 1 (3 Consecutive days) - 14, 15, 16 March 2018
- Option 2 (3 Saturdays) - 14 April, 21 April, 5 May 2018
MSA Competency based short learning programme
Who should attend
Anybody responsible for training groups and teams in the workplace
- A National Senior Certificate
- Anybody responsible for training groups and teams in the workplace
Assessment to determine competence:
- Integrative Formative Assessment - Apply the scope of practical skills and applied knowledge of the basic fundamentals of training within the context of their jobs e.g presentations, group discussions.
- Integrative Summative Assessment - Will focus on the achievement of the outcomes of the course: Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) and Learning Journal (LJ).
About the facilitator
Mrs Jenifer Nzonzo holds a B.Sc Honours Degree in Human Resource Management from the Midlands State University (Zimbabwe) and a Master of Arts in Human Resource Management from the University of Westminster (UK). Her research interest lies in developing an integrated framework for talent management and employee wellbeing.