Why study Creative Problem Solving ?
The creative problem solving workshop will give participants an overview of the entire creative problem solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that they can use every day. Skills such as brainstorming, information gathering, analysing data, and identifying resources will be covered throughout the workshop.
Specific learning outcomes of this short learning programme are to:
- Understand problems and the creative problem solving process
- Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
- Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
- Identify and use four different problem definition tools
- Write concrete problem statements
- Use basic brainstorming tools to generate ideas for solutions
- Evaluate potential solutions against criteria, including cost/benefit analysis and group voting
- Perform a final analysis to select a solution
- Understand the roles that fact and intuition play in selecting a solution
- Understand the need to refine and redefine the shortlist
- Understand how to identify the tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
- Evaluate and adapt solutions to reality