Why study Business Writing?
The business writing programme will give participants a refresher on basic writing concepts, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation and an overview of the most common business documents. These basic skills will provide participates with that extra benefit in the business world.
The programme will enable learners to create business documents such as proposals, reports, and agendas that are up to the current standard.
Specific learning outcomes of this short learning programme are to:
- Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues specific to business writing
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction
- Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports
- Know the tips and techniques to use when deciding the most appropriate format to use for agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports
- Gain an overview of Request for Proposals, Projections, Executive Summaries, and Business Cases
- Define proofreading and understand techniques in improving proofreading skills
- Define peer review and list ways peer review can help improve business writing skills
- Use practical guidelines in printing and publishing business writing