Monash South Africa has Vacancy at Student Administration
Academic & Enrolments Officer
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates that are internationally recognised.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering, Science, and Technology, and Social and Health Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 28 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 80 institutions and online.
Purpose of position
The Academic and Enrolments Officer position is situated in the office of Student Administration. Student Administration is responsible for the delivery of quality services to students; this includes but is not limited to; course planning, course progression, examinations, results, graduations, answering student enquiries and work on special projects as needed. The incumbent will be responsible for working across all Student Administration areas as needed.
Key selection responsibility:
- Course advice:
- Providing accurate course advice to prospective and current students. Helping students choose correct units for the current academic year;
Student’s academic progress:
- Involvement in the planning and implementation of the bi-annual enrolment week for new students;
- Accurate capturing of unit enrolments in the student database;
- Accurate processing of applications for overload, course transfer, unit and course discontinuation, intermission, complementary study, unit credits etc.;
- Communicating important enrolment census dates to students;
- Study abroad course advice and processing of applications forms;
- Issuing of Confirmation of Enrolment (C.O.E.) to International students;
- Process intermission, discontinuation, complimentary studies and credit applications
- Providing efficient administrative support to the Academic Progress Committee (APC);
- Communicating with students about decisions taken by the Academic Progress Committee (APC);
- Manually check student’s study statement whether the students have completed in order to qualify to graduate;
- Capturing course completions on the system;
- Notify graduate candidates of the graduation date and how to apply to graduate;
- Preparing certificates and transcripts for graduation ceremony;
- Making sure that the graduation venue is well prepared;
- Organizing academic gowns and photographic services for graduates;
- Uploading of students results each semester;
- Bi-Annually attend to Board of Examination meetings with the School;
- Attend to students who request deferred examinations;
- Attend to queries from students and the Schools on a variety of assessment related topics;
- Liaise with Australia on all of the tasks above;
- Liaise directly with students at the customer service desk;
- Innovatively deliver services to students in a professional and respectful manner;
- Incorporate feedback from various stakeholders across the institution to ensure continual improvement of service delivery to students, students’ families, and staff;
- Participation in key events, including but not limited to Open Days, Enrolment Week, and Graduation;
- Work closely with line manager to deal effectively with complaints and feedback to improve services delivered;
- Filing, answering queries by phone, email on in-person;
Key selection criteria:
- A tertiary qualification preferred;
- Experience in Student Administration;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and basic/intermediate Excel and Access skills;
- The ability to relate well to students and customers from a different range of cultural backgrounds;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Data entry skills, high degree of accuracy and ability to become a proficient user of the Monash student database;
- Experienced user of e-mail and the internet;
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, organize work flows and manage a wide range of tasks;
- Must be prepared to work extended hours and weekends, when and if required;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Provision of excellent customer service;
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ensure confidentiality and adherence to protection of personal information.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number and the area/s they can teach in, in the subject line together with a detailed CV to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Mr. Grant Phakade at (011) 950 4040.
Closing Date: 22 September 2017
MSA reserves the right to interview on invitation.
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer