Vacancy at Monash South Africa in the Sales and Marketing Department
PR and Communications Officer – 9 Months Fixed-Term (Maternity Replacement)
Reference number: SM-PR-ML/10/2018
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 25 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 70 institutions and online.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering and Technology and Health and Social Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates who are internationally relevant. Monash South Africa offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for individuals who want to be part of a leading institution and a dynamic team.
The incumbent will be responsible for driving a broad range of media and communications strategies designed to promote Monash South Africa and to contribute to increased student numbers. The incumbent will interact with media and public relations firms, staff, and the general public. The incumbent will write press releases and briefs that will be used internally and externally in a variety of communications mediums. Develop and manage effective corporate communications strategy for MSA.
- Develop and execute organization wide Corporate Social Responsibility strategy;
- Manage and report the corporate communications budget and expenditure;
- Track media coverage and provide analysis to the management;
- Implement MSA’s communication and media strategy;
- Prepare, distribute and follow-up on internal and external media releases;
- Prepare key messages, talking points and question and answer documents for MSA’s spokespeople;
- Pitch and book media interviews;
- Manage relationship with external media and public relations firms;
- Respond to media inquiries under tight deadlines;
- Update and maintain the media contacts database;
- Assist the coordination of media events;
- Monitor, analyse and prepare routine reports on media activities and coverage;
- Prepare written material for MSA’s publications, website and social media networks;
- Write media materials, reports and proposals in short time frames;
- Ensure expenditure is contained within budget, and opportunities for continuous improvement are identified;
- Develop and manage the MSA communications plan;
- Develop, maintain and enhance stakeholder and client relationships, internally and externally;
- Manage and enhance nationwide media relationships;
- Develop appropriate PR strategies to support brand position;
- Develop strategic events to enhance credibility among potential students;
- Develop, execute and manage key corporate events;
- Content development for social media platforms;
Education / Experience:
- University degree. Post graduate qualification in journalism, communications, public relations, or media studies will be an advantage;
- Extensive and relevant work experience in PR and Corporate Communication;
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships, especially in cross cultural settings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a strong attention to detail;
- Proven ability to write and produce content for a variety of traditional and emerging communication channels across print and digital media in a short amount of time;
- Proven ability to generate ideas and implement strategies for editorial content and coverage through print, web and broadcast mediums;
- High level of computer literacy with excellent word processing, writing and editing skills;
- Strategic agility;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Business acumen;
- Financial acumen;
- Managing and measuring work;
- Customer focus;
- Presentation skills;
- Drive for results;
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Advanced Excel);
- (Salesforce.com is an added advantage);
- Results driven;
- Execution focus;
- Team player;
- Strong analytically;
- High energy and motivation;
- Adaptable to change and added responsibilities;
- Work independently minimal supervision;
- Ability to set strategic direction and handle complexity;
- Willingness to travel when required;
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number, detailed CV and (three) 3 references to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Closing Date: 12 November 2018
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer.