Service Desk Agent Vacancy at Monash South Africa Information Technology Department
1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Reference number: SDA1/11/2018
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 25 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 70 institutions and online.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering and Technology and Health and Social Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates who are internationally relevant. Monash South Africa offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for individuals who want to be part of a leading institution and a dynamic team.
The Service Desk Agent works within a customer-focused team environment and contributes to the delivery and support of Information Technology services to students and staff of the campus. This is a professional position that provides medium level IT support services such as documentation, technical analysis, advice, support and problem solving in a timely manner, responding to calls and emails and keeping records of technical issues on Monash South Africa IT application software, operating systems and network related issues to the campus. The duties of the position cover the functional areas of the service desk, operational support and network administration.
- Manage the service desk with regard to answering all calls, via telephone and email and capturing it on the IT service desk system (Remedy) according to ITS policies/procedures and agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Provide efficient first line technical support over the phone, email, or in person for service request logging, problem diagnosis and resolution, problem escalation and reporting of service desk statistics while maintaining professional phone demeanour, courteousness, and in-depth customer service.
- Following agreed procedures, prompt response and feedback to requests for service assistance by providing information to enable users to resolve their problems.
- Accurate and detailed documenting of customer help desk interactions on the relevant system(s).
- Diagnose software / hardware problems whilst attempting to resolve issue at hand; where unable to resolve, follow the escalation procedure.
- Providing a professional service by ensuring requests are regularly updated and realistic resolution times are provided.
- Participating in ongoing staff training and personal development within the IT team. Need to stay up-to-date with technologies relevant to support the Monash environment.
- Document IT related issues and solutions electronically including ITS publications, training materials and FAQ.
- Explore opportunities and make recommendations which contribute to the continuous improvement of the support and services provided by ITS.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager.
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the campus.
- Number of calls logged. Management keeping track of the average number of calls / tickets handled per help desk agent to measure effectiveness.
- Call Talk Time and Hold Time. Reviewing talk time and hold time is vital. Users seeking assistance from the service desk are in a hurry to get their problems resolved quickly.
- Knowledge Sharing. Maintaining a knowledge base in important to ensure quick effective support.
- Turnaround Time. Tickets that take too long to resolve result in very unhappy users.
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Rating. To measure the overall value of support is key to success.
- First Call Resolution Rate. Quick resolutions should be the goal of every service desk agent.
Education / Experience
- Matric (grade 12).
- National certificate / Diploma would be advantageous.
- Must be fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Computer literacy is essential.
- ITIL, A+, N+ would be advantageous.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- A medium level of understanding of PC and networking hardware.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple problems at once and prioritise issues.
- Strong customer service focus
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number, detailed CV and (three) 3 references to e-mail: email@example.com
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Closing Date: 23 November 2018
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer.