Vacancy at Monash South Africa in the Faculty of Business, Engineering and Technology.
Position: Senior Lecturer – Corporate Governance and Auditing (postgraduate)
Reference number: PGDA/AUD/SL/03/2019
If you are pursuing a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 28 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 80 institutions and online.
MSA has two Faculties namely: Faculty of Business, Engineering and Technology and Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme, is also available.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates that are internationally recognised.
MSA offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for academics who want to be part of a leading international institution and a dynamic team. The Faculty of Business, Engineering and Technology is seeking outstanding appointees in the Accountancy Cluster, more specifically in the field of Corporate Governance and Auditing to strengthen the teaching and research capabilities in the Cluster and Faculty.
Key result areas and responsibilities:
- Preparation, development and conducting of lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars at the highest academic level;
- Curriculum design and development at the highest academic level;
- Initiation and development of module materials, including on-line and web-based materials, at the highest academic level;
- Marking and grading of student assessments;
- Study guidance, learning support and consultation with students;
- Module coordination and quality assurance;
- Mentoring and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Conducting research that results in peer-reviewed publications and quality journals/books;
- Involvement in professional activities and community engagement;
- Involvement with relevant professional and/or academic bodies;
- A range of administrative functions connected to the discipline and modules being taught;
- Involvement at departmental and/or campus level in committees/workshops/task groups;
- Programme coordination and leadership; and
- Other duties commensurate to the position as required.
Key selection criteria:
- Chartered accountant (SA) with minimum a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar higher education role at a SAICA-accredited tertiary institution (previous lecturing experience at the highest academic level, e.g. postgraduate or similar, is non-negotiable for this position);
- A PhD/Doctorate degree in a relevant discipline would be advantageous;
- Demonstrated capability to lecture, conduct tutorials and seminars at tertiary level in an effective manner in the core courses stipulated at the highest academic level;
- Expertise in e-learning programs such as Moodle, Blackboard and Turnitin;
- Competencies in curriculum design and development at the highest academic level;
- Up-to-date knowledge of curriculum areas being taught (e.g. Companies Act, King IV, International Standards of Auditing) at the highest academic level;
- A record of research and publication in scholarly journals;
- Ability to mentor and supervise academic activities at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate modules, and conduct relevant module administration activities;
- Capacity to engage in inter-campus and inter-institutional team academic and/or community activities;
- Demonstrated ability for innovative, creative and out-of-the-box thinking;
- High level of communication skills in verbal, written and electronic modes;
- Proven high-level administrative abilities; and
- Registration with a professional body (e.g. SAICA).
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number, detailed CV and (three) 3 references to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Mr. Grant Phakade at (011) 950 4040.
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer.