Vacancy at Monash South Africa in the Operations Department
Position: Maintenance Supervisor
Reference number: OPS/MS/03/2018
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 25 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 70 institutions and online.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering and Technology and Health and Social Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates who are internationally relevant. Monash South Africa offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for individuals who want to be part of a leading institution and a dynamic team.
Manage the day to day maintenance, repairs on campus including grounds (less those subcontracted) to the required standards as requested.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all repairs and maintenance are carried out in alliance with basic requirements and legislation;
- Ensure that all tasks and jobs are satisfactorily completed, as per company requirements;
- Coordinate and manage all sub-contractors on site;
- Ensure that all administrative, staff records, invoices are up to date and kept in accordance with the requirements of the business;
- Issuing and record keeping of all equipment;
- Place orders with suppliers. Receive goods;
- Manage stock control by regular stock taking;
- Ensure that items in store rooms are correctly stored, rotated and kept neat and tidy;
- Ensure that hygiene standards are complied with as required by the company;
- Conduct daily inspections to ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained;
- Carry out regular on-the-job training;
- Be sensitive to the needs of subordinate staff and report any problems or breaches of discipline;
- Ensure that storerooms, lockable and high risk areas are secure and locked;
- Adhere to company legislation;
- Take responsibility for all tools and equipment.
- Conduct routine inspections on all generator rooms and DB boxes at least twice weekly;
- Ensure that all contractors on site adhere to safety regulations before commencement of projects;
- Ensure that staff are correctly dressed at all times including protective clothing;
- Constantly be aware of the needs of the customer and strive for improvements;
- Attend meetings and training courses as required;
- Report and follow up on all defects which may result in health or safety risks;
- Keeping records of all jobs completed by contractors by means of signed off job cards;
- Ensure that all requests related to Facilities are adhered to by the team by means of job cards and follow up.
- Provide feedback to management by compiling reports;
- Monthly maintenance checks on OHS matters such as elevator service, fire system and generators;
- Preventative and maintenance scheduling on all systems on campus and residences as well as infrastructures.
Key selection criteria:
- 5 – 7 year years’ experience in Facility maintenance egg electrical; plumbing; construction;
- 4 – 5 Years supervisory experience;
- Minimum matric;
- Training in Facilities;
- Awareness of staff that have potential for development;
- Fully conversant with health and safety regulations;
- Be security conscious at all times;
- Fluent in English: reading, writing and speaking.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number, detailed CV and (three) 3 references to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Closing Date: 30 March 2018
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer.