Vacancy at Monash South Africa in the Faculty of Business, Engineering and Technology
Position: Lecturers – Corporate Commercial or Private Law/Public or International Law/Procedural or Adjectival Law
Reference number: FBET/LAW/L/10/2018
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 25 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 70 institutions and online.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering and Technology and Health and Social Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates who are internationally relevant.
Monash South Africa offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for academics who want to be part of a leading international institution and a dynamic team. The Faculty of Business, Engineering and Technology is seeking outstanding appointees in the Law Cluster to strengthen the teaching and research capabilities in the Faculty and Cluster.
Key result areas and responsibilities:
- Preparation, development and conducting of lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars;
- Curriculum design and development;
- Initiation and development of unit materials, including on-line and web-based materials;
- Marking and grading of student assessments;
- Study guidance, learning support and consultation with students;
- Unit coordination and quality assurance;
- Mentoring and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Conducting research that results in peer-reviewed publications and quality journals/books;
- Involvement in professional activities and community engagement;
- Involvement with relevant professional and/or academic bodies;
- A range of administrative functions connected to the discipline and units being taught;
- Involvement at departmental and/or campus level in committees/workshops/task groups;
- Assistance with programme leadership role; and
- Other duties as required.
Key selection criteria:
- Lecturer level appointment: minimum Master’s degree in the relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated capacity to lecture, conduct tutorials and seminars at university level in an effective manner in the core courses stipulated;
- Expertise in E-learning programs such as Moodle, Blackboard and Turnitin;
- Competencies in curriculum design and development;
- Knowledge of curriculum areas being taught;
- A record of research and publication in scholarly journals;
- Ability to mentor and supervise academic activities at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate units, and conduct relevant unit administration activities;
- Capacity to engage in inter-campus and inter-institutional team academic and/or community activities;
- High level of communication skills in verbal, written and electronic modes; and
- Proven high-level administrative abilities;
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number, detailed CV and (three) 3 references to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Mr. Grant Phakade at (011) 950 4040.
Closing Date: 02 November 2018
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer.