Vacancy at Monash South Africa in the IT Department
Audio Visual Technician
Reference number: AV/IT/07/2018
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 25 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 70 institutions and online.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering and Technology and Health and Social Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates who are internationally relevant. Monash South Africa offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for individuals who want to be part of a leading institution and a dynamic team.
Providing Audio Visual and Video conferencing support to users according to Service Level Agreements. This is a professional position that provides high level IT support services such as documentation, technical analysis, advice, support and problem solving in a timely manner, responding to calls and emails and keeping track records on technical issues on Monash South Africa IT audio visual and voice systems related to the campus.
The duties of the position cover the functional areas of end-user support, operational support and administration.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in the design, installation and maintenance of Audio Visual equipment in teaching venues, Video Conference facility and other venues where Audio Visual facilities may be required (e.g. Boardroom, teaching venues).
- Providing telephone and face to face technical support to users regarding Audio Visual and Voice issues.
- Provide assistance in the design, installation and maintenance of control systems used to provide user interfaces to users.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and cabling faults and refer equipment under warranty to suppliers for resolution.
- Providing an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information according to procedures.
- Promote the efficient use of Audio Visual, Voice and other teaching technologies.
- Create and maintain documentation of technical Audio Visual related issues and solutions in web documents for publication and training purposes.
- Maintaining accurate log entries of fault with resolution and contact details.
- Maintain a database of equipment maintenance schedules and update the database with maintenance information regularly.
- Maintain an inventory of Audio Visual equipment in working order and able to be swapped out to teaching venues as required.
- Provide training to teaching and support staff in the use and troubleshooting of Audio Visual systems.
- Ensure that all operational targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring technical queries not progressing are escalated to the Infrastructure team according to established procedures.
- Participating in ongoing team training and Self-development within the IT team. Need to stay up-to-date with technologies relevant to support the Monash environment.
- Explore opportunities and make recommendations that contribute to the continuous improvement of the support and services provided by ITS.
- Ensure availability during agreed operational hours and availability outside of normal business hours when required.
- Responsible for daily venue checks, escalation of faults, repairs and feedback as per agreed procedures.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager.
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the campus
Key selection criteria:
- At least two – three years of relevant experience in the design, installation and maintenance of audio visual equipment.
- Strong technical knowledge of Audio Visual and Video Conferencing systems.
- Relevant sound engineering, voice and video conferencing certifications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple problems at once and prioritise issues.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong knowledge of the organization’s Standard Operating Environment (SOE).
- Communication and people skills for dealing with all levels of staff;
- Sound understanding of business;
- Negotiating skills;
- The ability to evaluate price vs quality;
- Highly numerate and able to perform costing;
- Sound skills in budgeting;
- A clear understanding of expense items vs capital items;
- Sound knowledge of supplier base for products to be sourced;
- Planning and organizational ability;
- The ability to be systematic and organized;
- The ability to design and implement accurate record-keeping system;
- Attention to detail;
- High-level PC literacy;
- BBBEE knowledge and understanding to produce reports;
- To work independently and also in a team
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Time Management;
- Work under pressure;
- Deadline driven and to meet deadlines;
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number, detailed CV and (three) 3 references to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Closing Date: 17 July 2018
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer.