Vacancy at Monash South Africa in the Accounts Department
Procurement Officer – 2 Year Fixed Term
Reference number: ACTS/PO/06/2018
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 25 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 70 institutions and online.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering and Technology and Health and Social Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates who are internationally relevant. Monash South Africa offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for individuals who want to be part of a leading institution and a dynamic team.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for ensuring competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works in adherence to policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works;
- Maintaining complete, updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system;
- Preparing reports, printing of reports from ACCPAC, reviewing and accurately filing of reports;
- Scheduling supplier visits and meetings to ensure effective service and delivery. Conducting competitor surveys in regards to pricing and service delivery;
- Executing and monitoring all regular purchasing duties;
- Coordinating with user departments in regards to specifications and budget availability and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned;
- Assisting in managing and following up on orders and back orders on a weekly basis;
- Handling and monitoring claims to vendors for defectives, shortages and missing parts;
- Supporting relevant departments with quotations as per the procurement guidelines;
- Coordinating with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and quality;
- Communication to users regarding delivery and/or late delivery;
- Preparing and processing purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Monitoring and coordinating deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to the site/store on time;
- Monitoring accounts with new suppliers;
- Facilitating payment for COD and account suppliers;
- Receipting orders in the purchasing system for payment;
- Sourcing, selecting and negotiating with suppliers for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services;
- Negotiating for best purchasing packages (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned;
- Purchasing and issuing orders in accordance with specifications and authorization levels;
- Sourcing for new parts, suppliers or subcontractors when the need arises;
- Monitoring and coordinating deliveries of items between suppliers (local and overseas);
- Filing of all documentation and Supplier Credit Applications;
- BEE capturing and producing reports to indicate the BEE spend for the Institution;
- Capturing MTN account information on a monthly basis onto a spreadsheet. Become familiar with the various packages and structures to assist with new contracts or upgrades of contracts. To log requests on the MTN portal;
- Review the PURCO suppliers and becoming familiar with the procedures;
- Assist with ad-hoc requests if and when requested or required;
Key selection criteria:
- A tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience. Applicants without a tertiary qualification but with extensive experience and specialist expertise in the key selection responsibilities may be considered;
- 2-3 years’ accounting experience (From a Procurement point of view and how this impacts on Finance);
- 2-3 years’ purchasing experience;
- Experience in price/service negotiations;
- Communication and people skills for dealing with all levels of staff;
- Sound understanding of business;
- Negotiating skills;
- The ability to evaluate price vs quality;
- Highly numerate and able to perform costing;
- Sound skills in budgeting;
- A clear understanding of expense items vs capital items;
- Sound knowledge of supplier base for products to be sourced;
- Planning and organizational ability;
- The ability to be systematic and organized;
- The ability to design and implement accurate record-keeping system;
- Attention to detail;
- High-level PC literacy;
- BBBEE knowledge and understanding to produce reports;
- To work independently and also in a team
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Time Management;
- Work under pressure;
- Deadline driven and to meet deadlines;
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter citing the reference number, detailed CV and (three) 3 references to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.
For all administrative enquiries related to this advertisement, please contact Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Closing Date: 9 July 2018
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer.