Monash South Africa has Vacancies in the Faculty of Business, Engineering, Science And Technology
The Vacancies: Senior Lecturer / Lecturer – Chemistry and / or Physics and / or Mathematics.
The successful candidate/s will cross teach into the Foundation Programme at MSA.
If you are after a brilliant career, Monash South Africa (MSA) can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, we offer all you need to build a bright future.
The impressive, state of the art MSA campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg is dedicated to support South Africa and the continent to meet its diverse economic and educational needs by producing graduates that are internationally recognised.
MSA has two Faculties: Business, Engineering, Science, and Technology, and Social and Health Sciences. A one-year programme with the option of articulating into the undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Programme is also available.
Founded by Monash University, MSA became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 28 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 80 institutions and online.
Monash South Africa is seeking to appoint suitably qualified and experienced candidate/s to join and report to the Faculty of Business, Engineering, Science, and Technology. The successful candidate/s will be responsible for teaching the Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics units within the Cluster of Engineering and will cross-teach into the Foundation Programme.
The incumbent/s will provide added strength to the institutions research and teaching programmes, and will be expected to contribute actively to research, teaching at foundation and undergraduate level.
Key result areas and responsibilities
- Contribution to the preparation, development and conducting of lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars;
- Participation in the curriculum design and redesign activities in the department;
- Input to the development of unit materials, including on-line and web-based materials;
- Marking and grading of student assessments;
- Providing study guidance, learning support, consultation and mentoring of students
- Assisting with unit coordination and administrative functions connected to the units being taught;
- Involvement in collaborative research; and supervision of research projects and record of research output;
- Involvement in professional activity and/or community engagement
- Other duties as required;
- PhD/Masters degree by research in Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics
- Two years post Masters research experience
- Current research activity as evidenced by a publication in an ISI-rated journal
- Teaching experience within an Engineering or Applied Science environment at the required level will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to conduct lectures, tutorials and seminars at university level in an effective manner;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate units and conduct relevant unit administration activities, as well as other administrative tasks related to the academic offerings in the department;
- Capacity to engage in inter-campus and inter-institutional team academic and/or community activities;
- Capacity to engage in team work in relation to teaching, research and professional activities and objectives;
- Ability to mentor students and supervise students’ research projects;
- Competencies in curriculum design;
- Relevant collaborative research activity;
- Expertise in E-learning programs such as Moodle and Turnitin; and
- High level communication skills in verbal, written and electronic modes.
In respect of appointment at Lecturer level, it will be recommended that the successful candidate completes a PhD within 5 years from assumption of duty.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria and details of three referees to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the reference number
Enquiries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to the Acting HRBP, Mr. Grant Phakade at tel. (011) 950-4040, e-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 September 2017
MSA reserves the right to interview on invitation.
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer